When it gets really hot during the sweltering summer months, most people prefer to stay outdoors both to enjoy the warm weather and to cool down. However, with heat and humidity, there can be some uncomfortable moments even when you are outdoors. If you want to spend time at the patio or by the garden, misting fans can help ease the discomfort brought by the summer heat.
How These Fans Work
Misting fans work by utilizing thermal dynamics and cooling with the use of evaporation. Imagine putting a wet towel around a regular fan. The wet towel provides a cooling effect. As the moisture from the towel evaporates, cooler air is distributed by the fan. This is how the misters work, as they circulate cooler air into the room. Utilizing evaporation technology makes cooling more efficient compared to the standard air conditioning systems and standard fans.
The technology starts with water. The high pressure pumps are needed to generate enough water to create pressure. Micro-sized droplets will be released through the small openings of the nozzle. The cooling fans will create a mist with minimal moisture. Mist quickly evaporates as it comes in contact with the surface so that you won’t feel the wetness on your skin.
These fans normally use up about 1 to 2 gallons of water per hour.
Most people think that these are not suitable for home use. This type of cooling fan has a lot of advantages. Listed here are just 10 of them:
- You can use them anywhere because they are versatile. They can be used for the home or office.
- These fans are excellent for business use as well. They are excellent for use as part of the cooling system for hotels, gyms and fitness centers, shopping malls, warehouses, and factories.
- Using them in closed environments, like a green house, they can efficiently cool the whole area and are able to provide high degree humidity for the plants.
- Misting fans can be used outdoors or indoors. They come in a wide array of sizes so you can choose one that is best suitable for the area you intend to use it for.
- They are inexpensive and cost-effective. These fans use pressure to sprinkle fine mist of water into the air and distribute cool air into the area. Energy consumption is negligible; hence their use keeps your electric bills down.
- They are portable. You can carry them anywhere you want to go or easily position them anywhere you want; which is a huge departure from the heavy air conditioner and cooler units. They are available in smaller and larger units, giving you more options.
- Misting fans help reduce the amount of humidity. Regular fans only spread the warm air around, especially during the hot summer weather, thus, not providing much comfort. Some people try splashing cold water on regular fans just to get cooler air which proves to be more inconvenient. Your best option is to just get a misting fan since you don’t have to manually sprinkle water into the fan.
- These fans are excellent alternatives to air conditioning systems. Aside from being less expensive, they are easier to maintain, and installation is not as tedious. Like the air conditioning systems, their cooling effect can be felt throughout the whole area, no matter how big or small the area is.
- They are more hygienic. The water that drops out of the fans is filtered before entering the nozzles, so you get cleaner and fresher air.
Misting fans are perfect for the outdoors because they can act as insect repellants. They help circulate clean air and clear out smoke, dust mites, pollen, and other allergens.