Why would we have come across a Texas Longhorn on the way to Florida?
My sister and I recently threw my mom a party for her 70th birthday and as part of the preparation we both scanned a bunch of old photos to put together a little slide show. This is one of the doozies I found in the photo shoebox I dug out of mom’s closet. It was taken the summer of 1973 when my family went on a road trip to Florida….I think.
Here are a couple of other thoughts I have about this photo:
- Whomever shot this clearly knew nothing about the “rule of thirds” in photography. In fact, they clearly had no understanding of composition at all.
- What is that thing that is sticking up in the picture pointed at the animal’s snout? Was my grandmother poking it with a stick? And photographer, did you not see that when you were looking through the viewfinder?
- Why is my half of the photo totally muddy while my sister’s side is clean and chaste? Seriously?
- My outfit here is AWESOME! I would totally wear those clothes right now.
- While I would look like a total hipster if I wore my outfit again, I can’t say my sister would say the same about her ensemble. I mean, she could probably wear something like that now, but I think people would tsk and call her a cougar…she’s nearing fifty.
- I think my wrists are still just as skinny as they are in this photo. I tend to avoid wearing watches for just that reason. It’s always a challenge taking out those extra links to get it to fit. Besides, I have an iPhone, who needs a watch anymore?
- Why the heck did we have to climb up on a rock pile to stand next to this thing? What was the attraction? I need some context here, and the person taking the photo didn’t bother stepping just a little to the left so that we might get a glimpse of the sign over my head. Maybe it was some cool place like “Desi Arnaz’s Famous Florida Steakhouse” or the “Home of the 30oz. T-bone.” I’ll never know.
Ugh. Dumb pile of rocks and fiberglass cow.
Hey, does anyone know where this photo was taken?
Do you think my clothes look awesome too?